Wednesday, October 5, 2011

35/52 - Pose

I know I've posted a few pictures of the puppy before, but when you only have a wife and a dog to act as models, the subject of the pictures can get a bit repetitive.
So, here's another picture of the dog.

When we were in Arizona a couple of months ago, we visited some friends.  They have a big canvas black and white print of their dog hanging in their bedroom and both Paige and I thought it was a pretty cool picture.  We both liked the idea of getting a nice shot of the dog and potentially printing one out.  So, over the last few weeks I've been thinking of a shot I wanted to get of our dog and putting it in B&W. 

The other night, just before sun-down, I decided to take the puppy outside and have her sit for me.  I didn't just want a head shot of her and I didn't really want a full body shot either, so I decided to go 3/4 length.  I brought out a couple of treats with me and, like she always does, she will sit extremely still for me while I'm holding it.  So, I put the treat over the lens of the camera, told her to stay, and started snapping away. 

I like this shot a lot.  I like her expression, how she looks strong and lean and at attention.  You can really see the terrier in her in this picture more so than the boxer.

If I were to print this, I would need to lighten it up a bit...bring more detail in her eyes and just brighten the picture overall, but I think it's a good starting place.  Maybe I'll try a few more before we print one, but this one is definitely a keeper.

Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment