Tuesday, September 27, 2011

34/52 - Doorway Silhouette

As with most of the pictures I take, I saw one similar to this on-line and really liked it, so I figured I'd give it a try.  However, I like the one I shot a lot better because I really like the front door / entrance way of our house.  It worked perfectly for this picture.

I've done a couple of silhouette, back-lit pictures of Paige before, standing in front of the bay window we have at the house.  So, that idea wasn't new.  But, doing one with the open doorway and blowing out the lights outside was what really caught my eye with the picture I saw.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to shoot one at our front door.

I got home from work that Friday and had Paige change into her black dress.  The dress worked perfectly because it is somewhat form fitting and really shows off the curves of her body, especially in profile with the belly sticking out.

I took a few test shots to figure out which shutter speed I needed to blow out the lights in the window and doorway and moved around a little bit to find the best perspective point to get as much of the entrance way in the scene as possible.  Then, it was just putting Paige in the doorway and snapping a few off to seal the deal.

I really like the way this picture turned out.  My only regret is not masking out the rail, trees and bushes outside the doorway when I dialed up the contrast to make those a little less visible.  But, I still like it regardless.

Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment