Tuesday, October 11, 2011

37/52 - Baby Name

So, here's another maternity picture...a recurring theme in my photos.  We're getting really close to the baby showing up, so we're both really excited about it. 

Technically, we've got 9 days left, but he could really show up about any time now.  I've had this picture in mind for a little while.  Shortly after finding out Paige was pregnant, I did a few searches on-line for maternity pictures and this was one of the first ones I saw that I really liked.  I saved the picture in a file of 'maternity pictures to take' and stored it away until Paige was pregnant enough to actually ge it.

Finally, her belly was big enough to get the picture I had in mind, so we set up the other night and went about trying to capture it.  It was really a pretty simple picture to take.  We used her 'Moby' wrap as the cloth wrapped around her.  While the wrap is designed to hold a baby, it works pretty well as a body wrap too.

The set up for this picture is pretty similar to many of the other ones I've done.  After capturing the image, I brought it into Photoshop, adjusted it a bit, then extended the background to make it look like she's standing in a much larger room than she actually was.

We've decided on a name for our little guy and I wanted to incorporate it into the image.  Isaac is my middle name, which I've always really liked and have always wanted to name my child.  David is a pretty regular name between both of our families and I thought that it flowed really well with Isaac.  I like the way the two names sound together and can't wait to actually use it to him in person.

Let me know what you think:

Update:
I found a couple flaws with the photo above and tweaked it a little more.  I cropped in a bit, centered the text properly, brightened Paige and edited out a white line in the top middle of the photo.  Also added a signature.  I like this version better.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment