Monday, October 17, 2011

38/52 - Fall DOF

Fall is finally under way in North Carolina.  Bringing cold weather and beautiful leaves.  Between Illinois and North Carolina, I will take NC Fall every day.  The weather is beautiful and there are more trees, more mountains and better foliage this time of year.  It's a great place to spend the fall.

Since the leaves just started falling, I wanted to capture a very simple image of fall...one single leaf laying on the deck rail.  I really just wanted to focus on the leaf and nothing else, so I knew my 50mm f/1.8 lens would be perfect for the task.

Since I didn't really have any leaves sitting on the railing, I grabbed one from the yard, and placed it on the railing.  I knew I wanted a lot of railing left over in the background, in order to have some leading lines and have more of the scene out of focus. 

It was really a pretty simple photo...I had to snap the picture fairly quickly because if you move the camera much at f/1.8, you will quickly lose focus on your subject, so as soon as I locked it in, I needed to shoot.

Some slight tweaks in PS later (mostly just making the color more vibrant and adding a little contrast) and I had my picture.

It's pretty simple, but I like it.

Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment