Saturday, September 15, 2012

Anniversary Photo

This last week was our 2nd wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe that it has already been two years, and even harder to believe that we almost have a 1 year old baby boy.

I wanted to start a little tradition with our family to try to get a photo every year on our anniversary.  We  got one pretty close to our first anniversary (not quite right on the date), which was shot during the 'Belly Sunset' photo earlier in this blog.  I have another photo that we are in together, shot at the same time, just not uploaded on here.

Since the first non-official anniversary photo had a 'pre-Isaac' in it, I thought that this years photo should have him actually in it.  We have been so blessed to have such a wonderful little guy that I thought I would include him in the photo too.  Plus, since our lives are not very much about us any more and more about him, we thought we should make him the center of the photo...actually, since you can't even see our faces, he's pretty much the entire thing.

I had the idea for this photo that I wanted to take on a gritty background and originally, it was just going to be me and him.  I was going to be standing a couple of feet away from him, have him looking up at me and you still only would be able to see from my chest down, as in this photo.  But, I decided to incorporate my wife into the picture, since it was our anniversary and all.

Again, originally, I wanted Isaac to be looking up at me (or Paige with both of us in the picture), but since the self timer light on the camera was blinking, that kept catching Isaac's attention.  I really liked the way the photos turned out with him looking at the camera.  We did catch a couple of him looking up at us, but he has to turn his head so high to see us, you can't really see his face at all.
I also really liked him standing there, just holding on to Paige's leg with one hand.  He still looks a little grown up, but maintains his innocence by needing to hold on to mommy.

In post processing, I darkened, increased the contrast and increased the grit of the bricks a little bit to make them look a little more harsh, and really only tweaked colors a little bit on us to make us pop against the bricks a little bit.

I really liked the way that it turned out and absolutely love his expression...such a cute little kid.

Let me know what you think. 

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment