Monday, September 3, 2012

Bath Time

So, a few weeks ago, I really wanted to get a photo of my son playing in the bath tub.  I had an idea for a picture that I wanted to take where you could barely see the top of his head popping up over the side of the tub with some bubbles on top of his head.

So, to start with the image I had in my head, I needed to run a bubble bath for the little guy.  I got the tub filled up (just a few inches) and fluffed it up nice with some baby bubbles.  I threw a few toys in the tub to keep him occupied while I could try to get a picture of the top half of his head.

So, while he was sitting in the tub, I got the camera set up and tried out a few shots...It took me a few attempts to dial in the flash I needed, then I set about trying to get the image I wanted.

It took several attempts to get a good one because he kept moving around so much.  He doesn't hardly ever sit still, let alone when he's playing in the tub.  He kept trying to stand up, throw toys over the side, splash in the water, etc.   After one of his several attempts to stand up, he slipped, ended up on his hands and knees, then just popped the top of his head over the side of the tub and looked at me.  I snapped a picture just at the right time and knew that I had one that I really liked.  It wasn't the picture that I originally had in my mind, but I ended up liking it even more.

It was fun trying to get pictures of him playing and I think that I got one that we'll really like for a long time.


Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment