Monday, June 11, 2012

50/52 - More Baby Pics

Since I've got my own in-house models, I figured I'd put them to use again this last weekend.

We shot some maternity pictures for a friend on Saturday and on Sunday, surprisingly, my wife asked if I wanted to shoot some more pictures of us and our son.  It's not too often that she actually asks me to shoot pictures of her, so I jumped at the chance!

It was mid-day on Sunday, so I knew if we shot outside, we needed to be in the shade.  We've got a porch on the side of our garage that actually provides some pretty good light for being completely covered.

So, she and our son went and sat on the swing and we got to shooting.  I got a few cute pictures of him sitting on her lap and playing around on the swing, but the 'magic' really started when I walked behind them and shot from the back.

Our son turned around to look at me and I immediately knew I wanted to try to get some close up pictures of his eyes and face.  He has beautiful blue eyes, much like my wife, and I really wanted to emphasize that.  With him looking up at me, the sky really lit up his eyes.  I was able to make enough funny faces for him to smile at me a few times, but I really like the ones where he's just kind of looking off into space.

Then, my wife really wanted to take a picture that she saw on Pinterest (a recurring theme) of us kissing and just holding the baby out towards the camera.  This one was slightly more difficult since we didn't have someone else there to get focus set and actually take the picture.  So, I had my wife hold the baby where we though he would be, I set focus, then using the timer, clicked the shutter and hopped in the picture.  After several pictures, we realized that the very first one I took was actually the best, so we called it quits...they baby was starting to wear out at that point, so it was best to just stop.

I was really happy with the way they turned out and think that we got some very sweet pictures of both Isaac and my wife.










Let me know what you think.

T.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful I love in the moment photos. Posed photos look fake and not interesting but your photos were wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the wonderful comment! I really like the "in the moment" photos as well. It seems like the spontaneous faces that children make are always the best! Obviously I still do a decent amount of 'posed' photos too, but I try to keep them as loose as possible to keep an edge of spontaneity.
      Thanks again.

      Delete