Monday, July 2, 2012

51/52 - Corny Sunset

This last weekend, we were out on the west side of the far west suburbs visiting some friends.  Their back yard butts right up to the adjacent corn field.  Right now, the corn is just low enough that you can still see over it and that evening, we were treated to a really nice sunset.
So, I grabbed my camera (I was planning on taking some maternity pictures that night instead) and headed out to try to capture a good shot or two.

I snapped away for a few minutes as the sun continued to go down.  I thought about trying to do an HDR shot, but didn't like the way the multiple exposures turned out, so I figured I'd just try pulling a good image out of this one.  This was my favorite shot of the set since you could still see the detail in the corn, but could also make out some of the colors of the sunset.  The only thing that could have made it better is if I could have found an old barn to try to get in the shot as well.

We never did end up getting any maternity pictures, but at least I got one good shot out of the trip!


Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment