Monday, June 11, 2012

49/52 - Maternity Shoot

Well, I finally shot my first 'hired' photo session.  Granted, hired is a very loose term in that they are very good friends of mine, I didn't get paid and I'm not selling them anything.

I'm not really all that keen on hiring myself out just because I do this for fun.  I don't plan on making this a business and don't really expect much money to come from my hobby.  Also, I take a long time shooting my pictures...I set up, shoot, change, shoot, change again, shoot more, until I feel like I've got what I want.  So, this little shoot, which really netted about 10 pictures took about 2.5 hours, just because I'm not very efficient with what I'm shooting.  I don't have a set schedule when I shoot and don't know exactly what I want before going into the shoot, so it takes more time.  I had an idea of several pictures I wanted to take, which we did, but then we just spent time sitting outside, shooting whatever we felt like taking.

I know most photographers have about a half hour to hour window to get everything they want, but I'm not convinced I can do that just yet and really get the photos right.  So, until I get to that point, I'll just keep doing it for fun.

The mother-to-be in this shoot really liked some of the pictures that I got of my wife when she was pregnant and wanted me to try to get some of her as well.  I explained that I had 9 months to figure out what pictures to take, so trying to get several of her in one afternoon might be a stretch, but we went with it.
I think that we got a lot of good pictures and am really happy with a few of them.  I was a little disappointed, after looking at the pictures on my computer, that several of them are kind of 'soft' and not focused properly, but we've still got a couple months left before she delivers and maybe we can get in another shoot at some point.







Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment