Tuesday, June 21, 2011

21/52 - Neighborly Dogs

A month or so ago, I took a picture of our puppy, Ellie, and put it out on Facebook, just because I was bored and felt like getting another picutre of her.  It's different than the one I've posted on this blog as it's just a head shot on a black background.  Well, my neighbor saw the picture and REALLY liked it, so she asked me if I would try to take a picture of their dogs.  It took me a little while to actually get it done, but this last weekend, she came over with their two dogs and I got to shooting.

One of the dogs is a tiny little Chug (Chihuahua / Pug mix), Riley.  She's about 5 pounds soaking wet.  She is a really cute and sweet little dog and was very easy to photograph.  Jodi (neighbor) held her in place on our coffee table and when I gave the magic words (Chicken Bone) she let go, the dog's ears perked up and I shot the picture.  For whatever reason, the dog perks up when you say that, so I got a couple of good pictures out of it.













The second dog, Abby, is quite a bit older and is probably on her last legs in life, so they wanted to try to get a good picture of her before she passed.  She's also fairly small at maybe 15-20 lbs or so.  I'm not sure what type of dog she is, and I don't think they're too sure either.  Since she's so old, she wasn't much a fan of having her picture taken.  She didn't want to look at the camera and pretty much just wanted to lay down on the table.  I guess she gets stressed out pretty easily in new, unfamiliar environments, so she didn't like my coffee table much.  So, I tried all of her keywords, but didn't really get much out of her.













Then, we tried them both together.  Again, Riley, posed for the camera, but Abby just laid there.

 







It was fun trying to shoot pictures of someone else's dogs for a change.  Jodi said that she really liked the pictures and has posted them all over the place, so I'm happy about that.

 Let me know what you think.

T.

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy man! That's really cool that she liked it so much she wanted you to do one of her dogs. Did she pay you for it, or did you just do it for fun? You'll be our next Seth Casteel haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, nope, she didn't pay me for it. I just did it for free since I've never really shot anything for anyone else.
      It was challenging, but good.
      Yeah, I doubt the whole Seth Casteel thing...but that would be nice. I'm not quite that creative!

      Delete