Monday, May 2, 2011

14/52 - Beauty Lighting

This week I wanted to try out a lighting style that I saw on a post from Scott Kelby. I really liked the way this lighting style made the subject look as the background is completely blown out with some of the light wrapping around the subject's face. Then, just firing one light to brighten the face. I think that it gives a very natural and flattering looking light to the subject.

It's a very easy set up, with just the two lights, so it really wasn't too hard to put together.

I had Paige pull her hair back so that the light coming from behind wouldn't be blocked by her hair and it would wrap around her face a little. Also, I thought it would make the lines of her face more 'clean' and less distracted.

So, Paige stepped in and I got a few pictures. I made some joke about how she was holding her head at one point and made her laugh, so I snapped another picture while she was laughing, and I really like the candid feel to that picture coupled with the lighting.

All in all, it was a really simple shoot that just took a few minutes. Post processing was easy as well as I didn't really adjust the color at all.

So, thanks to Paige for posing for me again. I really liked the way the pictures came out and will have to try this style again at some point.



Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment