Friday, May 13, 2011

15/52 - 5 o'clock somewhere

I havne't had much time to get out and shoot over the last couple of weeks.

I got this picture 2 weeks ago while I was just messing around outside. I wanted to try to balance ambient light with the flash. I think that the picture turned out fairly well, withe the exception that the entire image looks a little underexposed. I wish I would have slowed down the shutter just a bit to bring in more ambient light and brighten the flash...but, it was my first time trying to do this, so I'll just live and learn.

This was taken while Paige was on spring break and back home in Chicago for the week, hence the beer and cigar, haha.

The set up for the shot is pretty simple, I've just got one light, set around 1/4 power camera left, 7 feet high and 10 feet away from me.

It took a few shots to get the exposure the way I wanted it (even though now I realize it's too dark) and it was tough getting the focus correct, as I was shooting this all myself.

So, it took some time, which I didn't have much of becuase the sun was quickly setting, but I eventually got something.

I'd like to try this again, when I can get one of Paige against the sunset. I think that would look pretty nice.



Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment