Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10/52 - Bump

With the new addition expected and on the way, I wanted to start capturing the changes that are occuring with Paige's belly.

I'm hoping to get a new picture every month, then put them all together in a sort of panoramic collage to show how things progressed and changed throughout the pregnancy. If I can put into action what I've got in my head, it should be a pretty cool picture when it's all said and done.

So, the other day we spent a little bit of time trying to get the first picture set up and arranged the way I liked. And, I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It is a very simple picture, but I think that it does a good job of just highlighting and emphasizing the belly and the (little) bump. It will be fun to see how things progress and even more fun to capture it.

For this shot, I just set up a bare flash slightly behind Paige and off to camera right. Dialed in my exposure to make the background black and make her belly pop.

I'm sure there are a few things I could do to tweak it a bit, but this is how the picture came out, right out of my camera and I liked it.



Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment