Sunday, February 20, 2011

5/52 - Love is hard work

Since it was just Valentine's Day this last week, I think that a picture of our wedding rings works out pretty well.

I was trying to think of a good title having to do with love or wedding rings or something sappy and I came across this quote, which I liked a lot.

"People usually talk about wedding rings being a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. But, in reality, these rings do have a beginning. Diamonds are dug up from the earth, silver and gold are liquefied in a furnace at a thousand degrees. Hot metal is poured into a mold, cooled, then painstakingly polished. Something beautiful is made from raw elements.
Love is like that. It's hot dirty work. It comes from humble beginnings and is made by imperfect beings. It's a process of making something beautiful where there was once nothing at all."

I came up with the idea for this shot from a picture I found on-line where a wedding photographer took a very simple photo of the wedding rings on a glass. He had the bride's ring upside down, resting on the diamond and the groom's ring was square, so it stood on its own, next to the engagement ring, pretty easily. I didn't like the idea of the bride's ring being upside down and not being able to see the diamond, so I tried to change it up a bit. Since Paige has 2 wedding bands, they worked out really well to hold my ring up (since it's not square or flat), then I could put her engagement ring in the middle where you'd be able to see the diamond. And for the stand, it's just a wine glass flipped upside down. I like how it kind of looks like a glass pedestal. I held up a white plastic cutting board behind the rings and aimed a flashlight at them to give them a little sparkle.

In the end, I really like the way that it came out.



Let me know what you guys think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment