Saturday, February 19, 2011

4/52 - D.O.F.

I'm a full week late on getting this picture posted, but, to my credit, I actually took it last week, but didn't get it uploaded until today. I've been traveling for work and just didn't get a chance to upload it before I left last week.

I wanted to try to get a picture this week with a very limited Depth of Field. I wanted to have a repeating pattern or structure in the picture to really show off just how shallow it was. I really wanted to be able to isolate one object within the whole picture.

I shot this with my 50mm f/1.8 (nifty fifty), which, with the very wide aperture, really helps you achieve the limited focal area.

I set this shot up at night, so all of the light that is illuminating the railings is from the moon coming in our big front window. I tried it a few times, using the house lights, but just couldn't get a very interesting look. I really like how the light is all coming from the side, giving a really nice contrast to the opposite side. With a quick conversion to black and white, I was all done.

I think that it turned out pretty well!



Let me know what you think.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment