Saturday, January 30, 2010

Smoke

Well, I got bored today and decided to try another picture.

This time I wanted to try to get a smoke stream coming off of a candle. I've seen these before and thought they looked kind of cool.

I had a hard time getting the smoke the way I wanted it to be. Either it would be too thin, too spread out or it would be streaming out of the picture. I couldn't ever get it to float straight up like I wanted and I don't really know how other people do it. So, I experimented with blowing it out from different angles, different size breaths and puffs of air until I got a couple I liked. I ended up sucking in some smoke and my eyes are red from the heat and smoke flying up in my face, but I think it was a successful shoot...meaning I got at least one picture I liked. I'm only posting this one, since all of the others look pretty much the same.

Let me know what you think.

T


1 comment:

  1. The APPLE is super cool!!!!!! Go to TJ MAXX or Marshalls to get a square vase for cheaper than a fish tank!!!! Looking foward to more really cool pics!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete