Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Head Shots

Well, today, I started out intending to try a new picture style that I saw on-line on myself.  I wanted to get a simple head shot against a dark gray background.  It could either be turned black and white or left color.
I wanted just a single flash for the lighting from upper camera left to cast light across my face and feathered to light the background as well to give me some definition against a dark background.

Well, I tried a few shots, and trying to get a good self shot is pretty difficult for me, so after several attempts and not liking the way they looked, I decided to try it out on my son.

Kids are a lot of fun to shoot because you aren't going to get the same expression twice in a row out of them.  They are constantly moving around, changing where they look and how they look.  It's fun to try to get several pictures in a row of them in order to compare all of their different expressions.

I really liked the way that several of his pictures turned out so I decided to process them all separately, then put them together in a collage.
I decided to change them to B&W rather than color, just because I liked the way the B&W looked a little better.  The color ones are still great, but I like how the B&W just kind of flows through the entire collage.

I really wish that I could find a frame to match this collage because I would really like to print it out, but I'm not sure there are any standard 6"x20" frames.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll print it and just tape it to the wall, ha.







Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment