Wednesday, July 6, 2011

23/52 - Feeling Bubbly

This is a picture that I've been wanting to do for a while as well.  I've had this idea sketched out for a few months, but never got around to actually putting it together.  I found the sketch that I had drawn with the idea the other day when going back through a notebook of mine and decided to finally try to get it done.

It's really a pretty simple set up.  I filled a large, clear plastic salad serving bowl (square) about 3/4 of the way with water.  Then, I just squirted some liquid dish soap into it and blew into it with a straw to get the bubbles.

For the colors I had a flash on either side of the bowl, one with a red gel and one with a blue gel.  After getting the power levels right and getting the camera settings how I wanted it, I snapped off a few pictures and that was about it!  I really wanted the colors to pop and I tried to get them split about as evenly as possible. 

I had a 3rd flash set up behind the bowl pointing at a white board that I used as a background.  That flash didn't add much to the lighting, but it helped make the water at the very bottom white and it brought just a little detail out in the bubbles as well.

That's about it.  Pretty easy shot of some bubbles.









Let me know what you think.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment